Sometimes the line up on a show seems to be too well engineered to be real. Sunday July 23 in Denver, at 3 Kings Tavern, was one of these line up situations. Worriers, while on a summer tour, made their way through our city, with Camp Cope, who are in the United States for the first time, and Typesetter. Our very own local band, Black Dots, opened up the evening, solidifying the epicness of the show.
I’ve made no secret about my love of Black Dots, and I am always thrilled to see them play a show. They’re all such great musicians and great people, and I love getting to see them play. They genuinely get better every time I see them, and I’m really excited that they’re going to be at The FEST this year.
Typesetter played next, and it was such a different environment than the last time when they opened for Against Me!, I found myself really able to enjoy the band even more than I had before. I loved the energy they all have together as well as their stage presence.
Next up was Camp Cope, from Australia. I’d been most looking forward to seeing them play because I’m a huge fan of the singer’s voice and their lyrics. I honestly had goosebumps the entire time they played; I couldn’t believe the music was as beautiful live as it s recorded! Absolutely stunning set, and so thrilled we were a stop on their short U.S. tour!
Finally, Worriers took the stage. It’s been a little while since they’d been through Denver, and since they’ve finished recording a new album, I was definitely excited to see them. They played a great set, and I can’t wait for the new record to come out on Side One Dummy.
If you have a chance to catch any leg of this tour, I highly recommend it, even if not all of the bands remain on. You’re sure to have a great experience seeing any of these bands; for me, it was the exact show I needed after a rough week!
* all photos by Jackie Wilding
Catch Worriers on Tour!
- 7/25 – Pomona, CA @ Acerogami w/ Camp Cope and Typesetter
- 7/26 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Bootleg w/ Camp Cope and Typesetter
- 7/27 – Oakland, CA @ Night Light w/ Typesetter
- 7/28 – Portland, OR @ The Analog Downstairs w/ Typesetter
- 7/29 – Seattle, WA @ Lucky Liquor (matinee) w/ Typesetter
- 7/29 – Seattle, WA @ Victory Lounge w/ Typesetter
- 7/30 – Missoula, MT @ The Zacc Below w/ Typesetter
- 7/31 – Bozeman, MT @ Whistle Pig Korean w/ Typesetter
- 8/2 – Fargo, ND @ The Aquarium w/ Typesetter
- 8/3 – Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club w/ Typesetter
- 8/4 – Milwaukee, WI @ Cactus Club w/ Typesetter
- 8/5 – Indianapolis, IN @ Grove Haus w/ Typesetter
- 8/6 – Cleveland, OH @ Now That’s Class